"C.A.S." (Creativity, Activity and Service) Meeting Update
It was great to see those who attended the CAS Meeting on Wednesday night!!! We had a great turn out and Mr. Poince is very excited for all of the IB students to soon take part in this amazing experience. For those that could not attend below are the links for the information presented, the Amelia High School CAS Handbook and a great motivational video that helps to show the power a small gesture can have on people's lives! Check it out!
Any further questions please contact Mr. Poince (email@example.com) or Mr. Damadeo (firstname.lastname@example.org).
CAS Informational Meeting PowerPoint
AHS C.A.S. Handbook 2016-17
"Johnny the Bagger" Inspirational Video
2015-16 Ohio Association of IB World Schools COLLEGE FAIR
What a great opportunity some of our current and future IB students had. There were over 75 schools present ready to discuss how the IB Program would benefit them at their respective institutions! So exciting!!!
For more information regarding the schools attended please click the link below, which lists all of the school present, their websites and college admissions 'point person.'
IB Evening Engagement Information:
Thank you to everyone who came out last week for the 1st IB Evening Engagement! Everyone involved, including the teachers, students and parents were very excited to see a lot of new faces and have the opportunity to share their stories about how IB has impacted their education. If you were not able to attend the evening, please click on one of the links below to retrieve some of the information distributed that evening. Keep checking the web-page for the next IB event!
IB Formal Presentation
IB Testimonial Presentation
IB Information Packet
IB Diploma Programme (“DP”) Requirements in a Nut-Shell
1. Students must choose 1 subject from each of the five Groups:
- Group 1: Studies in Language & Literature
- Group 2: Language Acquisition
- Group 3: Individuals and Societies
- Group 4: Sciences
- Group 5: Mathematics
2. Students must also choose either an arts subject from Group 6 or a second subject from Groups 1-5
3. DP subjects can be Standard Level (SL) or Higher Level (HL)
4. At least 3 but not more than 4 are taken at HL while the others can be taken as SL
5. Tests are taken at the end of the school year (typically in May- “DP” is 2 years long)
- Marks awarded range from 1-7
- 24 total points are necessary to complete programme (max possible is 45)
6. Other Programme completion Requirements:
- Must complete an Extended Essay
- Must take the Theory of Knowledge (“TOK”) class
- Must complete the required hours for “CAS” (Creativity, Action, Support)
- Students must address all 8 learning outcomes within their CAS experiences
It’s roughly 150 hours total
7. Students may choose to complete the entire program thus complete all areas above or simply take IB courses based on interest. IB is for EVERYONE!
IB Course Offerings at Amelia High School
- Group 1: Language A (HL) – English
- Group 2: Spanish (SL)
- Group 3: History of the Americas (SL/HL) & Psychology (SL), SL 7 HL Economics
- Group 4: Chemistry (SL), Biology (HL) & Physics (HL)
- Group 5: Mathematical Methods (SL), Math Studies (SL) & Mathematics (HL)
- Group 6: Art (SL/HL)
Amelia High School: IB World School 2015-2016 Revised Policies
Below are the links for the various academic policies that are associated with Amelia High School and the International Baccalaureate requirements. These policies were written by a consortium of faculty members.
Amelia High School IB Language Policy 2015-2016
Amelia High School IB Academic Policy 2015-2016
Amelia High School IB Special Needs Policy 2015-2016
Amelia High School IB Assessment Policy 2015-2016