Amelia Tiger Parents,
As you may know, the Clermont County Board of Elections is holding a Special Election on May 2, 2017 for the residents of the Village of Amelia. In addition, it is a regular school day for all West Clermont students, including our Amelia Tigers. As it has been for many years, Amelia Elementary School is a polling location and therefore a limited portion of the building will be open for voters (the front lobby and the gymnasium). As such, I have implemented a number of measures to ensure the safety and security of our Amelia Tigers during the school day on May 2nd. Those measures include:
* Physical barricade guiding visitors into the gym and then back out the main lobby
* Securing and locking the main hallway doors, which will prevent any unauthorized visitors from entering the first floor
* Securing and locking the upstairs main hallway doors, which will prevent any unauthorized visitors from entering the second floor
* Closing and securing the cafeteria doors during the lunchtime hours
* Increased administrative presence in the main lobby during transitions/lunchtime
* Increased police presence provided by the Amelia Village Police Department and the Clermont County Sheriff's Office
* Additional signage inside the building directing voters to the proper voting location and out of areas where students are present
As always, I take the safety and security of our students and staff members extremely seriously. I am confident that the measures I have described above will provide the added support to our school for the special election while promoting only a minimal disruption to our regular school routines and procedures.
As always, if there are any additional questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to let me know.
Yours in service,
P.S. For those of you in the Village, don't forget to exercise your civic duty by voting on May 2nd!
(For more information from the Board of Elections on the particular issue being considered in this election for the Village of Amelia, click here: http://clermontelections.org/wp-content/uploads/sites/29/2017/04/issues-approved-spec-elec-ballot-may-2-2017-1.pdf)