Hello Amelia Tigers!
I hope you and your family have had a great summer and are looking forward to another amazing year at Amelia Elementary. I know we are!
I want to first say hello and welcome to our incoming preschool and kindergarten students as well as to any other student that has moved to Amelia! We are so glad that you're here!
As you know, school will be starting just around the corner, so I wanted to remind you of a few important dates as we get closer to our first day of school.
AE Back-to-School Open House (PreK-5th Grade)
Monday, August 28th from 4 PM-7:30 PM
Stop by anytime between these hours and stay for a few minutes to meet your child's teacher and take a tour of the building! This event is for students in preschool through 5th grade.
AE Kindergarten Orientation
Monday, August 28th from 6 PM-7:30 PM
This is a chance for all incoming kindergarten parents to learn about our school, meet the kindergarten team, and get all of your questions answered! We will be meeting in the cafeteria.
First Day of School (1st-5th Grade)
Wednesday, August 30th
Welcome back to school for the 2017-18 school year to all of our students in grades 1 through 5!
Kindergarten Staggered Start
For the first week of school (August 30-September 1), Kindergarten students will only come to school on their ONE assigned "staggered start" day. The first day that ALL kindergarten students attend school will be Tuesday, September 5th. Be sure to check the class list posted on the front doors of the school to see which staggered start day that your child comes to school.
The first day of school for preschool students is Wednesday, September 13th. We are excited to welcome our new preschool teacher to Amelia Elementary and we can't wait for you to meet Mrs. Ayers! If you have any questions before Open House concerning preschool, she can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.
In addition to these events, here are a few reminders:
- Moved away? If you have moved and your child will not be attending Amelia Elementary this year, please contact us at 513.943.3800.
- Relocated? If you have moved or relocated locally within the Amelia Elementary attendance zone and your child will still be attending Amelia Elementary, you will need to complete a Change of Address form using this link.
- Returning Student Registration: If your child was a kindergarten through 4th grade student in West Clermont last year and you have not yet updated their registration information in Infosnap for the 2017-18 school year, please do so immediately. At this point, your child has not yet been assigned a homeroom teacher and they will be unable to attend school until their registration is completed. Please log in to Infosnap using your Snapcode (which you received back in April via email) and update your child's information.
- Class Lists: All West Clermont elementary schools posted their class lists on Friday, August 11th. To find your child's homeroom teacher, please see the class lists that are posted on the front of the school building.
- Bus Routes: To look up your child's bus number as well as the anticipated pick-up and drop-off times, go here to access the Bus Route E-Link system. The user name is your child's student ID and the password is their date of birth with 8 DIGITS, not six. So, for example, if your child's birthday is January 14, 2010, their password would be 01142010. Once you have logged into the system, click on “Students”, then “View my Students” and then click on the student’s name. If your child's information is incorrect from what is shown on this E-Link site, please contact Petermann Transportation at 513.752.4020. For additional questions concerning buses, please also contact Petermann Transportation at 513.752.4020.
- Change of Transportation Plans: When you completed your registration in Infosnap, you indicated your plans for your child's transportation to and from school. If those plans have changed and you now need bus service, you will need to complete this Transportation Request Form and return it to our office before the first day of school.
- Health Records and Immunizations: All incoming kindergarten students must have their health and immunization records dropped off at the school office before the first day of school. Office hours are 8:00 AM to 3:00 PM.
- Breakfast and Lunch Info.: All students at Amelia Elementary have the opportunity to purchase breakfast and/or lunch during the school year. Breakfast and lunch prices and the menus will be posted soon on the West Clermont website. To add money to your child's account or to monitor what items they have purchased throughout the school year, sign up for EZ-Pay here.
- School Fees: School fees for all West Clermont elementary students are $50 per student. School fees are due by Friday, September 29th. School fees can be paid in person via check, sent in with your child, or online through EZ-Pay.
This is going to be an amazing school year!
There are so many great things going on in West Clermont and here at Amelia Elementary that it's hard to even list them all! We are honored that we get to work alongside you as we build a Courageous Culture, raise Academic Achievement, and prepare our students to be Future Ready!
If we can ever be of any assistance, please don't hesitate to let us know!
Yours in service,
Jeffrey Riel, Principal
Shannon Wiwi, Assistant Principal