Calendar of Events:
Monday, April 24
4:00 PM Boys Varsity Tennis @ Western Brown HS (Tom Ball Inv.)
4:30 PM Boys Varsity Baseball @ Batavia HS
4:30 PM Boys Junior Varsity Baseball versus Batavia HS @ AHS
4:30 PM Girls Varsity Softball @ Batavia HS
4:30 PM Girls Junior Varsity Softball versus Batavia HS @ AHS
6:30 PM Boys Varsity Volleyball @ Princeton High School
Tuesday, April 25 AIR ASSESSMENT (GOV/AMERICAN HIST)
4:00 PM Boys Varsity Tennis versus New Richmond High School @ AHS
4:30 PM Boys Varsity Baseball @ Turpin High School
4:30 PM Boys Junior Varsity Baseball versus Turpin High School @ AHS
4:30 PM Girls Junior Varsity Softball versus Mt. Healthy H.S. @ AHS
4:30 PM Coed Varsity Track @ Western Brown HS
Wednesday, April 26 AIR ASSESSMENT(GOV/AMERICAN HIST)
4:00 PM Boys Varsity Tennis @ Western Brown HS
4:30 PM Boys Varsity Baseball Western Brown HS (SENIOR NIGHT) @ AHS
4:30 PM Boys Junior Varsity Baseball @ Western Brown HS
4:30 PM Girls Varsity Softball versus Western Brown HS (SENIOR NIGHT) @ AHS
4:30 PM Girls Junior Varsity Softball @ Western Brown HS
6:30 PM Boys Varsity Volleyball versus McNicholas High School @ Glen Este
Thursday, April 27 AIR ASSESSMENT (GOV/AMERICAN HIST)
10:00 AM Athletic Signing @ PAC Lobby
12:45 PM AHS Senior Top 25 Ceremony @ AHS PAC
4:00 PM Boys Varsity Tennis GCTCA @ Mason
4:30 PM Boys Varsity Baseball versus Little Miami High School @ AHS
4:30 PM Boys Junior Varsity Baseball @ Little Miami High School
4:30 PM Girls Junior Varsity Softball versus Mason High School @ AHS
4:30 PM Coed Varsity Track @ Little Miami High School
6:30 PM Boys Varsity Volleyball versus Milford High School @ AHS
Friday, April 28 AHS PROM/AFTER PROM (Newport Aquarium/GameWorks)
Saturday, April 29
8:00 AM Boys Varsity Tennis GCTCA @ Mason
Parent and Student Information:
Prom Photos: For those of you attending PROM on Friday, here is the link to pre-pay for Prom Photos: http://www.dingophotography.com/clientpreviews/order-forms/danceprom/#photo=319e92e88184bb20e1d1cfdfbe2cf589
French Club Info: French club will meet Monday after school in 226. Also, it's not too late to sign up to travel to France and England in 2018. Students can stop by room 226 for brochures OR you can contact Mme Combs firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Volunteer Opportunities: Are you still in need of volunteer hours? We need volunteers for the Flying Pig on May 6th. There are 2 shifts 7:30 to 11:30 and 11:00 to 3:00. If interested, text 513-505-9685.
Athletic Physicals: Mercy Health is offering pre-participation physical exams this summer to all West Clermont athletes! The physicals will take place at Glen Este High School on Tuesday June 6th from 6:00-7:30pm for a cost of only $20 (checks payable to Mercy Health). Physicals are for any athlete entering grades 7-12 and will be first come, first served. Please wear shorts and a t-shirt. A parent or guardian must be present and sign a consent form. For more information, contact Al Ducker at email@example.com or Marseille Mosher at firstname.lastname@example.org
Flower Fundraiser for AHS BPA: Take advantage of the BPA Spring Flower Sale. Delivery date will be May, 3rd. Please fill out the order form and return to Amelia High School’s office. http://www.westcler.k12.oh.us/userfiles/55/my%20files/spring%20flower%20fundraiser%20form.pdf?id=9848
AEP Judge: We would like to invite you to join 200 Amelia High School Seniors who will be presenting the final Amelia Enrichment Project Exhibitions in the history of Amelia High School on Tuesday, May 16, 2016. The AEP is a year-long project in which students use their skills in reading, writing, speaking, and research in combination with technology, time management, analysis and organization. The project culminates in Senior Exhibitions. Students have the opportunity to demonstrate their mastery of these skills and present what they have accomplished. Because we believe schools are a direct reflection of their community, we would like to invite you to be a part of this exciting day in our students’ lives. We need your help! In order to facilitate these exhibitions, we need respected members of the community to assist us in judging. If you support education and value individual achievement, your willingness to help us by serving on one of these Exhibition Boards will become part of a very special memory for these young adults. The time commitment is minimal when you consider the impact you can have. Specifically: Judging one or more of the two exhibition sessions (12:00 p.m. – 2:30 p.m. and/or 3:00 p.m. – 5:30 p.m.). Amelia High School Exhibitions will be held at Amelia High School. We hope that you will seriously consider supporting us in this endeavor to ensure that West Clermont graduates leave high school with the best possible level of preparedness for college, their careers, and life in the 21st century. If you would like to sign up to judge, please respond to this email (email@example.com) with which session you would like to judge. Also, if you know anyone else who would be interested in judging, please pass this information along. Thank you in advance for supporting our students!
After-Prom Tickets: Don't forget! AHS GameWorks After-Prom tickets will be sold April 25-28. $15 in advance & $20 at the door.
Prom Dress Shopping: As I have done for the past few years, I will have donated prom dresses available beginning April 17th in my office for those who may be in need. I will also accept any dress donations in order to increase dress inventory. Students can “shop” before school, after school or at lunch. I am looking forward to helping make prom a wonderful event for all of our Amelia Barons.
SENIORS School Fees: All fees must be paid in order to participate in this year’s graduation ceremony. The deadline to pay student fees is May 24th. Checks will be accepted until May 19th. After this date, payments can be made by money orders, cash and credit. For questions, contact Mrs. Thorpe at 947-7412.
Volunteers for After-Prom: The LAST Amelia High School After-Prom is Friday, April 28, at GAME WORKS, Newport on the Levee. This is down from the Aquarium where Prom will be. We need volunteers to work at After Prom from 10:45 pm to 3 a.m. Please select what area you will help. http://www.signupgenius.com/go/10c0a4ea8a72ba6fb6-amelia
Dessert Donations for After-Prom: To make our evening successful, we need dessert donations for After Prom. Please consider donations to this fun event. Please drop off dessert donations to school office on Friday, April 28, during school hours. http://www.signupgenius.com/go/10c0a4ea8a72ba6fb6-amelia1
End of an AGE Farewell 5K Run/Walk: Help us say goodbye to both Amelia High School and Glen Este High School as we celebrate the end of an AGE on Saturday May 20th. We will kick off the day with the End of an AGE Farewell 5K Run/Walk at the Batavia Township Community Center. This family friendly event will start at 9:00am. Everyone registered by 4:00pm on Wednesday May 10th will be guaranteed to receive to commemorative event t-shirt and finishers medal. The cost is $15 for West Clermont students and staff and $25 for the general public. There is also a social media share button on the registration site that will save you $2 on your registration. To sign up, visit https://www.raceentry.com/race-reviews/end-of-an-age-5k-runwalk. After the 5K Run/Walk there will be activities at both Amelia and Glen Este for everyone to attend beginning at noon. More details on that will be released soon. Make plans now to join us on Saturday May 20th and help us celebrate the end of an AGE!
Classic Federal Credit Union, Wolves Branch: Amelia High and the Business Management--Financial Services program has started a partnership with Classic Federal Credit Union to open the Wolves branch within the high school. This credit union offers students and staff an opportunity to open a savings and/or checking account to increase their financial responsibility. The new West Clermont High School will also offer the credit union to all students during lunch so they have quick access to their accounts while offering business experience to students within the school. Members also have the opportunity to participate in member only scholarships, activities, and contests throughout each school year. Open a savings account today with as little as $5.00!
The Wolves Credit Union will only be open next week on Monday the 24th
Immunization requirement: All students entering the 12th grade in the fall of 2017 are required to show proof of receiving a meningitis (MCV4) vaccine before attending school. The required immunization must have been administered after the 16th birthday. If you child has already received the required immunization, please have your child's physician fax verification to 753-2419. If you have any questions, please contact the health clinic assistant @ 947-7403.
Progressbook: If you look in the top right corner of the new website there is a link directly to Progressbook. With your encouragement, your child will continue to work hard and push themselves. If you need new login credentials please contact Mrs. Beamer at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at (513)-947-7400
The LAST Amelia High School yearbook is officially on sale! The 2016-2017 Amelia High School yearbooks will be switching from a spring delivery book to a fall delivery book. This means that students will receive their yearbook in September of 2017. This change will allow for the spring activities such as spring sports, Prom, the spring musical, and graduation to be included inside the book instead of in the form of a supplement. Seniors will have the option to either pick up their book at West Clermont High School next fall, or choose the delivery option when purchasing and their book will sent to the address provided (students in all grade levels have the option to use the delivery option as well). When using this option, please double check the address to be sure it is correct. If you have any questions, please contact Mrs. Calton at Calton_b@westcler.org. To order your yearbook please go to http://www.yearbookordercenter.com and use the school code 13603.
Commemorative Bricks for WCHS: The West Clermont Education Association is selling commemorative bricks for Amelia High School, Glen Este High School, and West Clermont High School. There are three different sizes of bricks to choose from. All of the bricks will be installed either at the main entrance or the stadium entrance at West Clermont High School in time for the grand opening in August 2017. If you are interested in ordering: http://www.westcler.k12.oh.us/docs/district/DistrictDocs/BrickOrderForm.pdf
Social Media: Parents, I love to promote your child and our school. If at any point you take photos of athletics/arts/academics, etc. feel free to send to me so that I can add them to our social media feeds. I love bragging about our amazing kids. Send via email at email@example.com
It is our goal to increase communication with the school community throughout the 2016-2017 school year. Please access the following social media sites in order to keep informed:
REGISTER FOR E-COMMUNICATION: E-communication allows text messages, e-mails, and newsletters to be sent to those registered. http://www.westcler.k12.oh.us/comm_registration.aspx
AMELIA HIGH SCHOOL WEBSITE: Check the Amelia High School website frequently for school related information as well as a calendar of important events. http://www.westcler.org/AH
Like “Amelia High School” on FACEBOOK for daily updates, sharing school related information, morning announcements and photographs.
Follow AHSBarons on TWITTER for daily updates, sports scores and activities.
Administrative Team and Responsibilities:
If you have questions or concerns regarding your child, feel free to reach out:
Mrs. Walker, Principal: firstname.lastname@example.org
Mr. Hudson, Assistant Principal: email@example.com (Responsibilities will include freshmen and seniors)
Mr. Baughman, Assistant Principal: firstname.lastname@example.org (Responsibilities will include sophomores and juniors)
April 25, 26 & 27: Government & American History AIR
April 27th: Athletic Signing Event 10:00 am @ PAC Lobby
April 27th: AHS Senior Top 25 Ceremonies @ PAC
April 28th: AHS PROM/After-Prom
May 2 & 3: Biology AIR
May 2nd: Band Concert @ AHS PAC
May 4th: Senior Class Meeting @ 7:30 AHS PAC
May 9th: Choir Concert @ 7:00 pm
May 9, 10 & 11: Algebra 1 and Geometry AIR
May 11th: Underclassmen Awards Ceremony @ PAC 7:00 pm
May 16th: Senior Awards Ceremony @ PAC 7:00 pm
May 20th: End of an AGE Farewell 5K Run/Walk
May 25th: Last Day of School
May 25th: Senior Breakfast and Graduation Practice @ 7:15 @ AHS
May 26th: Amelia High School Graduation 5:00 pm @ Xavier
SENIOR NEWS: Graduation Information:
As we approach the end of the school year, thoughts and questions about graduation become paramount in the minds of both seniors and their parents. This letter has been prepared to answer as many questions as possible about graduation. I ask that you check closely to make sure that all class and school requirements are met. If you have any questions, feel free to contact me at email@example.com or 947-7402.
1. Graduation Ceremony: Graduation will be held on Friday, May 26, 2017 at 5:00 pm, at Cintas Center, Xavier University. There will be no reserve seating. Seating will be on a first-come, first-serve basis. Any guest with special needs should see an usher inside the front entrance for assistance. Please turn off or mute all cell phones prior to the ceremony.
2. Cintas Center, Xavier University Address: 1624 Herald Avenue, Cincinnati, OH 45207
3. Final Senior Class Meeting: May 4, 2017 at 7:30 AM in the PAC (Cap and Gown Delivery)
4. Senior Exams: Senior exams will take place during the regularly scheduled class period.
May 17th: Senior Exams Bells 1, 2, 3
May 18th: Senior Exams Bells 4, 5, 6
May 19th: Senior Exams Bell 7 and Make-ups
5. Fees: All fees must be paid in order to participate in this year’s graduation ceremony. The deadline to pay student fees is May 24th. Checks will be accepted until May 19th. After this date, payments can be made by money orders, cash and credit. For questions, contact Mrs. Thorpe at 947-7412.
6. Graduation Ceremony Practice: Graduation ceremony practice will take place on May 25, 2017 at 7:15 AM in the Amelia High School gymnasium. In order to participate in the graduation ceremony, a senior must attend and complete the final graduation practice. Guests will not be permitted at graduation practice. Any student who does not wish to participate in the graduation ceremony must inform Mrs. Mundy (Guidance Office) in writing by May 19, 2017. During graduation practice each senior is expected to dress appropriately according to the AHS dress code. Any senior whom we suspect being under the influence or alcohol or drugs will be removed from practice and his/her parents will be notified immediately. Any student removed from practice for any reason will not be permitted to participate in the graduation ceremony.
7. Senior Breakfast: Senior breakfast will take place in the cafeteria on May 25th prior to graduation practice. Donuts/drinks will be served to seniors beginning at 7:15 AM.
8. Senior Awards: Senior awards ceremony will take place on May 16th at 7:00 PM in the AHS PAC. You will be notified by the counselors if you will be receiving an award.
9. Graduation Tickets: Tickets will not be needed for this year’s graduation ceremony. Due to the large capacity of the Cintas Center arena, seating is plentiful. Everyone is welcome to attend!
10. Graduation Arrival: All graduating seniors should report to the Cintas Center’s West Auxiliary Gym entrance (R-1 parking lot) no later than 3:30 PM to prepare for lineup. Commencement will begin promptly at 5:00 PM. Music and slide show will begin at 4:00 PM. Parents and guests must park in C-2 parking and enter through the south plaza entrance (main entrance).
11. Valuables: Graduates should NOT bring valuables, purses, cell phones, keys, etc., to the Auxiliary Gym lineup area. Please leave valuables with parents/family/friends.
12. Graduation Exit: After the ceremony graduates will return to the Auxiliary Gym to pick up diplomas. Graduates will then exit Cintas Center through the West/Auxiliary exit. Graduates may then walk around to the front entrance to meet parents in the lobby or plaza areas. Upon completion of the graduation ceremony, photographs may be taken in the lobby or plaza areas. Only seniors and participating staff will be permitted on the main Cintas floor and within the auxiliary gym area.
13. Graduation Dress: Graduation dress is as follows:
Ladies: white dress shoes; dress/skirt; white blouse. No shorts or dark colored dresses. No lettering, stickers, or emblems on caps or gowns; no sun glasses
Gentlemen: Solid dark shoes and socks, full length dark pants; white shirt with tie
No lettering, stickers, or emblems on caps or gowns; no sunglasses
14. Student behavior: In order to ensure proper behavior of all students and to ensure a professional and formal atmosphere, diplomas will NOT be in the covers distributed during the actual ceremony. Pending acceptable behavior, students will be permitted to pick-up diplomas immediately after the ceremony in the Cintas Center’s Auxiliary Gym area.
15. Diplomas: Any student not participating in the graduation ceremony may pick up his/her diploma beginning June 1, 2017 in the Guidance Office. To pick up a diploma after this date, a graduate must call to set up an appointment with Mrs. Mundy at 947-7401.