Calendar of Events:
Monday, May 22
No events scheduled
Tuesday, May 23
7:15-9:00 AM Bell 1 EXAM
9:10-10:55 AM Bell 2 EXAM
6:30 PM SBAAC ALL Star Awards Night @ Hamersville Elem
Wednesday, May 24
7:15-9:00 AM Bell 3 EXAM
9:10-10:55 AM Bell 4 EXAM
12:45-2:30 PM BELL 7 EXAM
4:30 PM Varsity Track (Regionals) @ Dayton
Thursday, May 25
7:15 AM Class of 2017 Graduation Practice @ AHS
7:10-9:00 AM Bell 5 EXAM
9:10-10:55 AM Bell 6 EXAM
10:55 AM SENIOR WALK-OF-FAME (Meet in café at 10:45 am)
Friday, May 26
4:30 PM Varsity Track (Regionals) @ Dayton
5:00 PM Amelia Class of 2017 Graduation @ Xavier University, Cintas Center
Parent and Student Information:
2017-2018 SNAPCODE Returning West Clermont Students…
- All RETURNING West Clermont Students have been emailed a SnapCode. This will be the same procedure as last year. You will need to go in an update any new information. Students will not receive a schedule next year until this process
- Please complete your SnapCode registration As Soon As Possible
- Go online to our Enrollment Webpage at www.westcler.k12.oh.us
- Click on Departments and then Central Enrollment
- Click on 2017-2018 Student Verification
- Complete your child’s SnapCode Process
- Remember to hit the SUBMIT button when you have completed the process
Boys Basketball Informational Meeting: There will be a boys basketball parent meeting at Amelia high school on Monday, May 22nd at 7 o'clock for any potential West Clermont basketball player.
Interested in playing Golf at WCHS: Any boy or girl interested in playing golf next school year needs to sign up in Mr. Collins office. If you have questions, feel free to contact Coach Helton at 513-884-7762.
AP Government: Students who are taking AP Government next year should check their google drive for the summer assignment. If the summer assignment is not in your shared folder or you have any questions, please see Miss Hornberger in room 249. Summer assignments are due on the first day of school in August.
Athletic Physicals: Mercy Health is offering pre-participation physical exams this summer to all West Clermont athletes! The physicals will take place at Glen Este High School on Tuesday June 6th from 6:00-7:30pm for a cost of only $20 (checks payable to Mercy Health). Physicals are for any athlete entering grades 7-12 and will be first come, first served. Please wear shorts and a t-shirt. A parent or guardian must be present and sign a consent form. For more information, contact Al Ducker at email@example.com or Marseille Mosher at firstname.lastname@example.org
SENIORS School Fees: All fees must be paid in order to participate in this year’s graduation ceremony. The deadline to pay student fees is May 24th. Checks will be accepted until May 19th. After this date, payments can be made by money orders, cash and credit. For questions, contact Mrs. Thorpe at 947-7412. Also, be sure to turn in late library books to Mrs. Vonderheide as soon as possible. Non-returned books will be added to unpaid school fees.
Attention Band and Choir: Choir and Band students will be performing at graduation. They will perform pre-ceremonial music starting at 4, and will end the ceremony with the final performance of the Amelia Alma Mater! Students should dress in their regular formal concert attire. We will be meeting at the high school for a pizza lunch starting at 12:30. Please arrive no later than 1:00. Busses will be back at the high school around 7:00 P.M. Don't forget your field trip consent forms.
Immunization requirement: All students entering the 12th grade in the fall of 2017 are required to show proof of receiving a meningitis (MCV4) vaccine before attending school. The required immunization must have been administered after the 16th birthday. If you child has already received the required immunization, please have your child's physician fax verification to 753-2419. If you have any questions, please contact the health clinic assistant @ 947-7403.
International Thespian Society: Congratulations to the following students who will be inducted into Troupe #6332 of the International Thespian Society on May 19: Natalie Hohman, Madison Mundy, Erin Reardon, Rachel Riley, Cameron Shank, and Jonathan Waldmann.
Student Council Good-bye Luncheon: Tuesday, May 23rd 11:30pm at Los Cabos. Students need to provide their own transportation, but all other costs are covered!!!
Progressbook: If you look in the top right corner of the new website there is a link directly to Progressbook. With your encouragement, your child will continue to work hard and push themselves. If you need new login credentials please contact Mrs. Beamer at email@example.com or by phone at (513)-947-7400
The LAST Amelia High School yearbook is officially on sale! The 2016-2017 Amelia High School yearbooks will be switching from a spring delivery book to a fall delivery book. This means that students will receive their yearbook in September of 2017. This change will allow for the spring activities such as spring sports, Prom, the spring musical, and graduation to be included inside the book instead of in the form of a supplement. Seniors will have the option to either pick up their book at West Clermont High School next fall, or choose the delivery option when purchasing and their book will sent to the address provided (students in all grade levels have the option to use the delivery option as well). When using this option, please double check the address to be sure it is correct. If you have any questions, please contact Mrs. Calton at Calton_b@westcler.org. To order your yearbook please go to http://www.yearbookordercenter.com and use the school code 13603.
Commemorative Bricks for WCHS: The West Clermont Education Association is selling commemorative bricks for Amelia High School, Glen Este High School, and West Clermont High School. There are three different sizes of bricks to choose from. All of the bricks will be installed either at the main entrance or the stadium entrance at West Clermont High School in time for the grand opening in August 2017. If you are interested in ordering: http://www.westcler.k12.oh.us/docs/district/DistrictDocs/BrickOrderForm.pdf
Administrative Team and Responsibilities:
If you have questions or concerns regarding your child, feel free to reach out:
Mrs. Walker, Principal: firstname.lastname@example.org
Mr. Hudson, Assistant Principal: email@example.com (Responsibilities include freshmen and seniors)
Mr. Baughman, Assistant Principal: firstname.lastname@example.org (Responsibilities include sophomores and juniors)
SENIOR NEWS: Graduation Information:
As we approach the end of the school year, thoughts and questions about graduation become paramount in the minds of both seniors and their parents. This letter has been prepared to answer as many questions as possible about graduation. I ask that you check closely to make sure that all class and school requirements are met. If you have any questions, feel free to contact me at email@example.com or 947-7402.
1. Graduation Ceremony: Graduation will be held on Friday, May 26, 2017 at 5:00 pm, at Cintas Center, Xavier University. There will be no reserve seating. Seating will be on a first-come, first-serve basis. Any guest with special needs should see an usher inside the front entrance for assistance. Please turn off or mute all cell phones prior to the ceremony.
2. Cintas Center, Xavier University Address: 1624 Herald Avenue, Cincinnati, OH 45207
3. Fees: All fees must be paid in order to participate in this year’s graduation ceremony. The deadline to pay student fees is May 24th. Checks will be accepted until May 19th. After this date, payments can be made by money orders, cash and credit. For questions, contact Mrs. Thorpe at 947-7412.
4. Graduation Ceremony Practice: Graduation ceremony practice will take place on May 25, 2017 at 7:15 AM in the Amelia High School gymnasium. In order to participate in the graduation ceremony, a senior must attend and complete the final graduation practice. Guests will not be permitted at graduation practice. Any student who does not wish to participate in the graduation ceremony must inform Mrs. Mundy (Guidance Office) in writing by May 19, 2017. During graduation practice each senior is expected to dress appropriately according to the AHS dress code. Any senior whom we suspect being under the influence or alcohol or drugs will be removed from practice and his/her parents will be notified immediately. Any student removed from practice for any reason will not be permitted to participate in the graduation ceremony.
5. Senior Breakfast: Senior breakfast will take place in the cafeteria on May 25th prior to graduation practice. Donuts/drinks will be served to seniors beginning at 7:15 AM.
6. Graduation Tickets: Tickets will not be needed for this year’s graduation ceremony. Due to the large capacity of the Cintas Center arena, seating is plentiful. Everyone is welcome to attend!
7. Graduation Arrival: All graduating seniors should report to the Cintas Center’s West Auxiliary Gym entrance (R-1 parking lot) no later than 3:30 PM to prepare for lineup. Commencement will begin promptly at 5:00 PM. Music and slide show will begin at 4:00 PM. Parents and guests must park in C-2 parking and enter through the south plaza entrance (main entrance).
8. Valuables: Graduates should NOT bring valuables, purses, cell phones, keys, etc., to the Auxiliary Gym lineup area. Please leave valuables with parents/family/friends.
9. Graduation Exit: After the ceremony graduates will return to the Auxiliary Gym to pick up diplomas. Graduates will then exit Cintas Center through the West/Auxiliary exit. Graduates may then walk around to the front entrance to meet parents in the lobby or plaza areas. Upon completion of the graduation ceremony, photographs may be taken in the lobby or plaza areas. Only seniors and participating staff will be permitted on the main Cintas floor and within the auxiliary gym area.
10. Graduation Dress: Graduation dress is as follows:
Ladies: white dress shoes; dress/skirt; white blouse. No shorts or dark colored dresses. No lettering, stickers, or emblems on caps or gowns; no sun glasses
Gentlemen: Solid dark shoes and socks, full length dark pants; white shirt with tie
No lettering, stickers, or emblems on caps or gowns; no sunglasses
11. Student behavior: In order to ensure proper behavior of all students and to ensure a professional and formal atmosphere, diplomas will NOT be in the covers distributed during the actual ceremony. Pending acceptable behavior, students will be permitted to pick-up diplomas immediately after the ceremony in the Cintas Center’s Auxiliary Gym area.
12. Diplomas: Any student not participating in the graduation ceremony may pick up his/her diploma beginning June 1, 2017 in the Guidance Office. To pick up a diploma after this date, a graduate must call to set up an appointment with Mrs. Mundy at 947-7401.