609 Brantner Lane | Cincinnati, OH 45244
Attendance Line: 513-943-6404
Student Hours: 8:20 AM - 3:00PM
Principal: Lisa Courtney
Assistant Principal: Erin Parker
Secretary: Kenise Dugan
Grades: Pre-K through 5th Grade
Total Enrollment: 375
School designation: Excellent with Distinction
Percentage of minority students: 9.3%
Economically Disadvantaged: 55.7%
Attendance rate: 96.6%
BRANTNER ELEMENTARY MISSION STATEMENT
The Brantner Elementary School Community is committed to helping ALL students acquire the knowledge, skills and attitudes necessary to become model citizens and lifelong learners.
The vision of Brantner Elementary is to work collaboratively with parents to educate students in a safe and positive learning environment that will enable them to achieve to their fullest potential.
Brantner Elementary Students follow the Cardinal rules:
- Be Responsible!
- Be Respectful!
- Be Safe!
- We will build effective relationships with students, parents, and the community.
- We will communicate to students they are important and valued and we will not let them fail.
- We will communicate to students why the work they do is important and use all available resources to engage students in learning.
- We will define and model lifelong learning for our students and ourselves by committing to ongoing professional development and continuous improvement.
- We will collaborate with one another and our students so that we can achieve our collective goals more effectively.
- We will identify essential learning outcomes, assess student understanding and provide opportunities for students to demonstrate mastery.
- We will be results oriented and data driven.
- We will continue to read and study equity issues in education and the broader society and apply our learning to the work we do with children, using the four agreements and six conditions as a framework for understanding.
Serves children from preschool through fifth grade. There are eighteen classrooms, serving 425 students. Ninety five percent (95%) of classroom teachers hold a Master’s Degree.
Provides special education support for qualifying students in an inclusive environment. Teams of special education teachers and regular education teachers collaborate and serve students with identified special needs. We offer programs for students who are learning disabled, developmentally handicapped, orthopedically handicapped, and those with social communication needs. Additionally, speech and language therapy, occupational therapy, and physical therapy are offered to those students who qualify.
Follows the Response to Intervention process when students are struggling at school. The goal of Response to Intervention is to identify an action plan that will improve the student’s academic, behavioral, or social skills. Based on data collected in the classroom, teachers may provide automatic interventions and document these on a Tier 2 intervention form. If a more intensive, individualized plan is needed, the teacher will schedule a Tier 3 meeting with parents and other support personnel, as needed. A collaborative plan will be developed at the meeting with parent input. Parental involvement is a very important part of this process.
Is committed to a strong literacy and mathematics program. Specialized support in reading is provided in addition to regular classroom instruction by reading specialists for qualifying students. Learning outcomes for students are aligned with Ohio’s New Learning Standards. Created by teachers, parents, education experts and others from across the country, these learning standards provide clear, consistent expectations for what students should be learning at each grade in order to be prepared for college and career. To see specific learning outcomes in reading and mathematics by grade level, please see the Ohio PTA Parent Guides.
PTO is very active, hosting family nights throughout the year, including skating parties, dances, and bowling nights. They also engage in fundraisers, financial support for field trips, programs, and classrooms, as well as a host of other supports during the year.