The West Clermont School District has begun the development of district calendars for 2018-19 and 2019-2020 and is seeking input from parents and staff before a final recommendation is made to the Board of Education in late November.
[View Proposed 2018-2019 Calendar] [View Proposed 2019-2020 Calendar]
Considerations as we build draft district calendars:
- Create calendars that supports student learning throughout the entire school year.
- Maximize the number of instructional days available before students must take state assessments.
- Align natural breaks between the school calendar and holidays.
- End first semester before the holiday break in December.
- Accommodate the opening of the new Summerside and Willowville by stretching the summer of 2019 (out early in May).
- Climate issues (heat in August or May).
- Employee contracts.
- Professional development needs.
- Include a few additional days in the third nine weeks for weather related delays or closures.
Timeline for Finalizing Calendars:
- 10/25/17 Draft calendars shared with parents and staff for online input
- 11/6/17 Public Hearing – Union Township Civic Center – 11:00am
- 11/8/17 Online parent and staff input closes
- 11/28/17 Recommendation to the Board of Education for approval
We encourage parents and staff provide input by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.