Dear Mustang Families,
We had a great first full week of school! Teachers and students are reviewing routines and procedures, building community, and becoming readers, writers, mathematicians, scientists, and thinkers!
Please read below for additional news and notes:
- 8/29 – Preschool begins
- 9/3 – Labor Day (no school)
- Be sure to follow us on Twitter @MerwinMustangs! It's a great way to stay connected and see all the wonderful 'small moments' that happen every day in classrooms.
- The Merwin Elementary PTO is going paperless this year. All PTO information, events and spirit wear will go through the new website. Please go to https://merwinpto.ptboard.com/ to see all it has to offer. While you are looking through the site, please consider becoming a PTO member, fill out a volunteer survey and/or sign up for the new email list. Our school code is JRC9PS.
- WC Connects Parent Education Series - In partnership with local community partners, the West Clermont School District is launching the West Clermont Connects Parent Education Series. These monthly sessions will focus on different topics ranging from: Mental Health, Teen Substance Abuse, Physical Wellness/Nutrition, Technology Safety, and Teen Driving. Our first session called, “The Teen Brain” will be held on Thursday August 23rd during Curriculum Night at West Clermont High School. There will be two sessions: 4:30pm-5:30pm and 6:15pm-7:15pm. All sessions will be held in Community Room A at West Clermont High School. The sessions are free and the entire community is welcome to attend. Click here to get a full schedule of sessions being offered.
- Kindergarten Immunization - Now that the school year has started, we wanted to remind you that all students entering Kindergarten are required by Ohio law to provide proof of the following vaccinations BEFORE the start of the 2018-2019 school year.
- Diptheria, Tetanus, Pertussis (DTap)
- Measles, Mumps, Rubella (MMR)
- Hepatitis B (HEP B)
- Chickenpox (Varicella)
If your student does not receive the vaccinations mentioned above by the beginning of the
2018-2019 school year, he/she may be excluded from school beginning September 7th, 2018 in accordance with Ohio Revised Code 3313.671. Here is a link to all of the immunizations required by the Ohio Department of Health for students to attend school. (Ohio Department of Health Immunization Summary)
If your child's immunization records are not up to date, we encourage you to contact your primary care physician to schedule an appointment for the vaccinations as soon as possible. You may also contact the Wolves Wellness Center at West Clermont Middle School at 513-732-5082 to schedule an appointment. You may use your current health insurance at
the Wolves Wellness Center. However, if you do not have health insurance the vaccinations will be provided by the Wolves Wellness Center at no cost to you. Vaccinations are also available at many local pharmacies.
Once a student has received the vaccination please send their updated vaccination records to their home school to the attention of the Health Clerk. If you have any questions about the required immunizations please contact District Nurse Heather Burns at
513-943-3862 or at email@example.com.
Cheryl Turner, Principal