Dear Mustang Families,
We will be talking about Growth Mindset this year, and its importance for young learners. A growth mindset means all students can show significant growth and achievement by using a combination of consistent effort and effective learning strategies. Teachers are helping students understand the importance of having a growth mindset by coaching students through difficult learning situations and using growth mindset language in the classroom. During morning announcements, we urge students to embrace mistakes as learning opportunities, challenge themselves, and use good learning strategies. If you would like to learn more about growth mindset, check out these parent resources:
Please read below for additional news and notes:
- 9/3 – Labor Day (no school)
- We would like to establish a Girls on the Run program at Merwin for our 4th/5th grade girls. The program inspires girls to be joyful, healthy, and confident. If you would like to know about Girls on the Run click here.
- The Merwin Elementary PTO is going paperless this year. All PTO information, events and spirit wear will go through the new website. Please go to https://merwinpto.ptboard.com/ to see all it has to offer. While you are looking through the site, please consider becoming a PTO member, fill out a volunteer survey and/or sign up for the new email list. Our school code is JRC9PS.
- West Clermont Education Foundation Race to the Future 5K - The inaugural West Clermont Education Foundation Race to the Future 5K will be a cross-country type run/walk that will take place entirely on the West Clermont High School campus. The race will be held on Saturday, September 29, and it will begin with a mass start at 8:00 AM. Participants will follow a course that loops throughout the fields and parking lots of the high school property, and all runners/walkers will finish inside the football stadium.
To register for the West Clermont Education Foundation Race to the Future 5K visit https://runsignup.com/Race/OH/Cincinnati/WestClermontEducationFoundation5K.
- WC Connects Parent Education Series - In partnership with local community partners, the West Clermont School District is launching the West Clermont Connects Parent Education Series. These monthly sessions will focus on different topics ranging from: Mental Health, Teen Substance Abuse, Physical Wellness/Nutrition, Technology Safety, and Teen Driving. Our next session called, “Current Mental Health Issues and Trends” will be held on Thursday September 20th during Parent/Teacher Conferences at West Clermont High School. There will be two sessions: 4:30pm-5:30pm and 6:00pm-7:00pm. All sessions will be held in Community Room A. The sessions are free and the entire community is welcome to attend. Click here to get a full schedule of sessions being offered.
Mrs. Cheryl Turner