Dear Mustang Families,
Welcome to the month of September! Our Mustangs are off to a great start this year. They are building reading stamina, becoming writers by studying mentor texts, and exploring mathematical thinking.
This month we are discussing SELF-AWARENESS, and how it can help students become better learners. Self-Awareness allows students to think about their learning, monitor their behavior, and know how to get things done. If students are in the GREEN ZONE, they are calm, focused, happy and ready to learn!
Please read below for additional news and notes:
- 9/10 WC Gifted Learning Center (4th grade)
- 9/10 WC Board of Education Meeting (7 pm)
- 9/11 Girls on the Run (4 – 5:30)
- 9/11 PTO Meeting (7 pm)
- 9/12 WC Gifted Learning Center (5th grade)
- 9/12 Cultural Arts Rotation begins (9/12 – 9/21)
- 9/13 SPIRIT DAY – wear your Bengals gear or spirit-wear from your favorite team!
- 9/13 Girls on the Run (4 – 5:30)
- West Clermont Education Foundation Race to the Future 5K - The inaugural West Clermont Education Foundation Race to the Future 5K will be a cross-country type run/walk that will take place entirely on the West Clermont High School campus. The race will be held on Saturday, September 29, and it will begin with a mass start at 8:00 AM. Participants will follow a course that loops throughout the fields and parking lots of the high school property, and all runners/walkers will finish inside the football stadium.
To register for the West Clermont Education Foundation Race to the Future 5K visit https://runsignup.com/Race/OH/Cincinnati/WestClermontEducationFoundation5K.
- WC Connects Parent Education Series - In partnership with local community partners, the West Clermont School District is launching the West Clermont Connects Parent Education Series. These monthly sessions will focus on different topics ranging from: Mental Health, Teen Substance Abuse, Physical Wellness/Nutrition, Technology Safety, and Teen Driving. Our next session called, “Current Mental Health Issues and Trends” will be held on Thursday September 20th during Parent/Teacher Conferences at West Clermont High School. There will be two sessions: 4:30pm-5:30pm and 6:00pm-7:00pm. All sessions will be held in Community Room A. The sessions are free and the entire community is welcome to attend. Click here to get a full schedule of sessions being offered.
Mrs. Cheryl Turner