November 26, 2017
Hello WV family. This is Mrs. Kennedy principal of WV Elementary.
Thank you for reading the following information
- I hope everyone enjoy our Thanksgiving Break! Are you ready to work for the next four weeks?
- Monday the 27th is Young Rembrandt’s after school in the art room until 5 pm for those students who are already registered.
- Tuesday the 28th is Homework Club after school until 4:45 pm.
- Tuesday the 28th reservations for Santa Breakfast MUST be turned in today!
- Thursday the 30th is our Student of the Month lunch.
- Saturday, December the 2nd is our Santa Breakfast from 9 – 11 am.
- A few announcements: 1. PTO is asking for volunteers to help with a couple of the holiday events coming up. Please return the purple flyers to your child’s teacher. For more information, please email the PTO (firstname.lastname@example.org) or visit their Facebook. 2. Arrival and dismissal car traffic has become quite challenging and at times unsafe. With transportation provided and limited staff to manage the adults in the parking lot, I would like to believe that those dropping off children in the morning would consider parking their vehicle in designated parking spot for smaller children that need more assistance or if you are walking your child to the crosswalk/building. I would also hope as parents of children, you would consider safety and take precautions while maneuvering through the parking lot. We are receiving several reports of people parking and blocking traffic in the lanes or driving carelessly. With that being said, I want to thank those who are making appropriate decisions and would ask that everyone represent respectful role models for our children.
- Looking ahead for the week of December 4th we have our Annual Mitten (Hat, Scarf) Tree, Santa Workshop, Homework Club, Young Rembrandt’s, and Raising Cane’s fundraiser in Eastgate.
Staff…please check your email and Google binder for the latest updates.
Thank you for reading. Let’s have a great week!