WEST CLERMONT BOARD APPROVES LOCAL CONTROL LEGISLATION
[Email State Senators]
West Clermont Needs Your Help!
The West Clermont Board of Education has unanimously approved a resolution supporting swift action to approve Senate Bill 216 – Deregulation of Public Schools. This bill is the first step in returning LOCAL CONTROL of our schools back to our community and away from bureaucrats in Columbus.
This bill, the first of its kind, will:
- Reduce testing including over testing our youngest students
- Allow students to take state assessments using technology OR pencil/paper
- Eliminate the use of invalid data for teacher evaluations
- Count only unexcused absences for truancy
- Requires testing companies to connect test items to state standards
- Reduce State required reporting for districts
YOU CAN HELP by sending the following message, via email, to the members of the Senate Education Committee in Columbus.
As a member of the West Clermont Local School District Community, I believe LOCAL CONTROL of our schools is critical to student success. YOU, as a State Senator, can begin the process of returning decision-making to the local level by supporting Senate Bill 216 immediately and in its’ entirety.
This Public School Deregulation Bill is critically important as we continue efforts to improve education in our community AND assure that all West Clermont students are Future Ready.
SUPPORT OUR STUDENTS AND OUR COMMUNITY BY VOTING YES ON SB216 – OUR KIDS AND COMMUNITY ARE COUNTING ON YOU!
Feel free to cut, paste and send this message, or one of your own, to Senate Education Committee members and Senator Joe Uecker.