- Running Challenge – run/jog for 15 minutes, no walking, no stopping to rest (make sure your shoes are tied before you start!)
- Sports Practice – practice (with a team and a coach) for one hour (60 minutes)
- Walking Challenge – walk continuously (no stopping or resting) for 30 minutes – walking your pet counts for this challenge!
- Video Game Challenge – play an ACTIVE video game (XBOX Kinect, WII Sports or Fit, etc.) for 60 minutes.
- Technology Challenge – spend 30 minutes following along with a dance or exercise video or playing an ACTIVE app on a phone or tablet (see suggestions for sites below)
- PE Class Challenge – repeat the following exercises 4 times each:
25 jumping jacks, 25 crunches, 50 shoulder taps, 50 mountain climbers
Each time you complete a circuit, you may rest for 3-5 minutes only
- Outside Play Challenge – spend 60 minutes (one hour) playing outside – tag, basketball, bike riding, skate boarding, anything you can think of to be ACTIVE outside
- Make Your Own Challenge – should take at least 30 minutes to complete; please see Mrs. Shebetka for questions and approval!!
* You may choose to do the same challenge every time you do a challenge or you can choose to do different challenges each time/day.
* Only one or two challenges per day – do not try to do all of them in one day. Only two per day will count toward a prize.
* ALL CHALLENGES MUST BE SIGNED BY AN ADULT!!!!!
* Remember what we discussed in PE class – your goal is to try to get 60 minutes of activity every day!
Some ACTIVE apps for kids:
NFL Play 60, Motion Maze, Super Stretch Yoga, Runbit, 7 Minute Workout with Lazy Monster (this app has a grown up workout edition too – 7 Minute Workout), Eat and Move
Some great websites for activity:
www.GoNoodle.com, www.electrikids.com, www.kidsworld.com, on YouTube: Brain Breaks, Jack Hartmann