Preschool Enrollment Information
Come join the West Clermont Preschool Pack!
WCSD Preschool Program Overview
The WCSD integrated preschool program is a high-quality pre-kindergarten program that provides an engaging and developmentally appropriate environment and learning experiences for students to prepare them for kindergarten. Each class has the capacity to include eight students who are developing typically and eight students identified with special needs. In each class, an Early Childhood Intervention Specialist engages students in curricular experiences that are aligned with the Ohio Department of Education’s Early Learning and Development Standards along with the support of a paraprofessional. Additional services are provided for students as intervention needs are identified.
The following application process is designed for students with typical development. Parents and guardians of students with identified special needs documented in an Individualized Education Program (IEP) or of students for whom a disability is suspected should contact the WCSD Special Education Department at 513-943-5029 for additional enrollment information.
WCSD will use an online lottery process for enrolling students in preschool for the 2020-2021 school year.
- Parents and guardians will be able to complete an online form to enter the lottery between January 27th through February 9th.
- The lottery drawing will occur on February 10th.
- All applicants will be notified via email by the end of the work day on February 20th regarding their status.
- Once parents and guardians are notified that their student is offered a seat in the preschool program, they can begin the registration process.
- The registration process includes an online component and an appointment with an enrollment specialist. Details about this will be provided in the email communication.
- Families will have 10 days to complete the registration process after the email notification. Those that do not complete the registration process within 10 days will be placed on a waiting list.
- Students who are not drawn in the lottery and all entries received after February 9th will be placed on a waiting list.
- Returning students will be able to renew their enrollment for the 2020-2021 school year.
Student Requirements for Enrollment:
- Students must be 3 years of age on or before September 30, 2020.
- Students who are 5 years of age on or before September 30, 2020, are not eligible for the WCSD preschool program.
- Families must reside in the West Clermont School District.
- Students must be toilet trained.
Classroom Locations and Anticipated Session Times
Four preschool classrooms are located at Holly Hill Elementary and four classrooms are located at Willowville Elementary. There will be morning and afternoon sessions in each of the eight classrooms.
WCSD’s preschool program is in session Monday through Thursday at the Holly Hill Elementary location, and Tuesday through Friday at the Willowville Elementary location each school week per the WCSD calendar. Students attend either the morning or the afternoon half-day session. The morning and afternoon session times are determined based on the start and end times of each elementary building. Early assessments of school start times indicate that the morning and afternoon session times will be as follows:
Morning Session is 9:20 AM - 12:15 PM
Afternoon Session is 1:05 PM - 4:00 PM
- For Holly Hill Elementary Classrooms:
- Students living in the attendance boundaries for Amelia Elementary, Holly Hill Elementary, Merwin Elementary and those who live south of State Route 125 in the Withamsville-Tobasco Elementary attendance area will attend Holly Hill Elementary.
- For Willowville Elementary Classrooms:
- Students living in the attendance boundaries for Clough Pike Elementary, Summerside Elementary, Willowville Elementary and those who live north of State Route 125 in the Withamsville-Tobasco Elementary attendance area will attend preschool at Willowville Elementary.
Each preschool classroom will include a blend of students from throughout the north or south boundary areas. Current and new students will be placed as described above until seats are full in one location and then seats in the other location will be offered to interested families.
Tuition & School Fee
The tuition for students who are typically developing is $1575 for the school year, paid in monthly payments of $175, September through May. A $100 non-refundable tuition deposit will be due at the time of enrollment and this deposit will be applied toward the first month of tuition. Tuition is waived for students with identified special needs who are being served via an IEP.
Payment is due on the first of each month and is considered late on the 11th of each month. If the tuition payment is not made by the end of the month in which it is due, the student will not be permitted to return to school until the tuition payment is made. If tuition is not paid for two consecutive months, the student will be withdrawn from the program. No deductions are made for vacations, snow days, illnesses, etc. Please note that if tuition payments are not received, the amount owed will be carried over to the student’s school age record until paid.
An annual school fee of $50 is due for all preschool students, those who are typically developing and those with identified special needs.
- Parents and guardians of students who are developing typically are responsible for providing transportation.
- Transportation is provided for students with disabilities.
Please direct questions regarding the enrollment process to Lesa Loudin at 513.943.5024 or email@example.com.