Dear Merwin Families,
Welcome to August! While we still have a few weeks of summer left, it’s time to start thinking about back to school. We are especially pleased to welcome additional students and families into our school community this year. Our office team, custodial team, and teaching staff have already started planning for that very first day for your student!
Here is some information you will want to know as your family gets ready to return to school on August 28th.
- If you have not registered your student for the 19-20 school year, please click here for directions on how to register. Please note: ALL students (including returning students and new students) must be registered in order to be placed on a class list. If you have not already done so, please register your student as soon as possible so that we can place students on a class list and be ready to greet them the first day of school!
- Class assignments will be sent via e-mail from the WC District office the week of August 12th for registered students. Information will include student ID, breakfast/lunch prices, how to access free/reduced meal applications, bus information, etc.
- Information on bus routes will be available the week of August 12th. Please visit our WC Transportation Department page for additional information.
- OPEN HOUSE will be August 26th, with time determined by student last name.
Last name A-M 5:00 – 6:45 pm
Last name N-Z 6:45 – 8:30 pm.
Please be sure to stop by the transportation table in the cafeteria to pick up your student’s backpack tag, and complete the Student Release Permission Form.
- If you have a kindergarten student, you will receive a letter the week of August 12th with staggered start dates.
- We added additional blacktop and parking spaces in the front of the school. This means we will have a new traffic pattern for all buses and a.m. parent drop-off. I will include details about our new traffic pattern in my next update.
That’s it for now… make sure your student is registered for the new school year, mark your calendar for Open House on 8/26 (be sure to stop by and say hello), and get ready for an amazing school year!