Dear Merwin Families,
The first day of school is almost here – Wednesday, August 28th!
Here is some information you will want to know as your family gets ready to return to school on August 28th.
- New traffic pattern for parents– Parents dropping off their student in the morning will enter and exit the area previously used for staff parking. Cars will line up for drop off, with students exiting the car in a designated drop-off zone. Staff will be in the drop off area to direct cars and monitor students.
All parent traffic will enter/exit the entrance closest to Merwin-10 Mile.
- New traffic pattern for buses – Buses will enter the entrance closest to Red Fox. (This entrance is for buses only and will no longer be used for parent traffic.)
- Thank you for your help and patience as we adjust to our new traffic patterns!
- New afternoon parent pick-up location – Parents picking up their students at the end of the school day will sign them out at the K-2 entrance in the breezeway.
- If you have not registered your student for the 19-20 school year, please click here for directions on how to register. Please note: ALL students (including returning students and new students) must be registered in order to be placed on a class list. If you have not already done so, please register your student as soon as possible so that we can place students on a class list and be ready to greet them the first day of school!
- Class assignments will be sent via e-mail from the WC District office soon for registered students. Information will include student ID, breakfast/lunch prices, how to access free/reduced meal applications, bus information, etc.
- Information on bus routes will be available the week of August 12th. Please visit our WC Transportation Department page for additional information.
- OPEN HOUSE will be August 26th, with time determined by student last name.
Last name A-M 5:00 – 6:45 pm
Last name N-Z 6:45 – 8:30 pm.
Please be sure to stop by the transportation table in the cafeteria to pick up your student’s backpack tag, and complete the Student Release Permission Form.
- If you have a kindergarten student, you will receive a letter with staggered start dates.
That’s it for now… make sure your student is registered for the new school year, mark your calendar for Open House (8/26), and get ready for an amazing school year!