Dear Merwin Families,
Welcome to the 2019-20 school year! Our Merwin family is growing with an enrollment of approximately 620 students! If your family is new to Merwin, we are glad to welcome you. You belong here.
If you are a returning family, we are happy to continue our partnership with you in 19-20. You belong here too!
It is going to be a great year for students, staff and families. Our goal is for students to become critical thinkers and problem-solvers, in a challenging curricula. We look forward to partnering with you throughout the year to ensure academic excellence for your child.
Open House is Monday, August 26th from 5-8:30 by student last name.
A-M 5:00 – 6:45 pm
N-Z 6:45 – 8:30 pm
Please be sure to stop by the transportation table in the cafeteria to pick up your student’s backpack tag, and complete the Student Release Permission Form.
The first day for students is Wednesday, August 30th. School hours for students are 9:20 am – 3:55 pm. We begin serving breakfast to students at 9:10 am.
- New traffic pattern for parents– Parents dropping off their student in the morning will enter and exit the area previously used for staff parking. Cars will line up for drop off, with students exiting the car in a designated drop-off zone. Staff will be in the drop off area to direct cars and monitor students.
All parent traffic will enter/exit the entrance closest to Merwin-10 Mile.
- New traffic pattern for buses – Buses will enter the entrance closest to Red Fox. (This entrance is for buses only and will no longer be used for parent traffic.)
- Thank you for your help and patience as we adjust to our new traffic patterns!
- New afternoon parent pick-up location – Parents picking up their students at the end of the school day will sign them out at the K-2 entrance in the breezeway.
- Bus Route Information - Information on bus routes is posted on the WC Transportation Department page. Updated routes are expected to post August 20. We recommend you check this site prior to the first day of school to note any potential changes made to your child’s route.
Go to www.westcler.org/Content/656, then to Bus Route E Link
Username: Student ID
Password: child’s birthdate (8 digits for example: 08012018)
- End of Day Dismissal-Buses/Daycare -Transportation routes are based on the student’s home address, any variations; such as babysitter or daycare, will require the parent to submit a Childcare/Daycare Form (forms are available online at https://www.westcler.org/Content/656 on the menu on the right.
- Girls on the Run – Registration is now open for GOTR for students in grades 3, 4, 5. The program runs from September 9 – November 16. Registration is limited to 16 participants. For more information click here.
- Just a reminder that schools will be closed for Labor Day, Monday, September 2nd. Students will return September 3rd.
See you at Open House!